Yep. This is THE egg. The doomy one. Process went like this:
-Wax, dye (repeat several times)
-On the last dye, I used "royal blue", which is why there are those spiffy little dark halos around everything. The denim color occurred after extensive rubbing and re-dipping.
-Finished. Melted off wax. Was extremely happy and excited.
-Varnished before emptying. I have yet to find the right kind. Every type I've tried so far has SOME problem associated with it.
-Doom. I started to empty it and it EXPLODED. A lot.
-Head explodes. Piece head back together using duct tape.
-Dry egg PIECES. Piece together using white glue and friggin' NEWSPAPER. Sob uncontrollably.
-Take pictures AFTER the fact, because I'm stupid and don't plan ahead for catastrophic failure.
-Spend hours in photoshop removing cracks XP
Mkay. So. Yes there are still some cracks in the pics. I couldn't get them all. The only thing I did in PS was remove cracks with the clone tool (praise be to ~psymansays
for showing it to me!). It really did look like this before the explosion, denim and all. I swear I didn't cheat! Perhaps I should have, though... I've seen the competition for this contest. I'm thinkin' it's not happening... Oh well.
I suppose I could say I learned something from this egg, but I'm too emotionally distraught to care...
I may try to submit another one before the contest ends... Or I may have shell shock and freak out instead! "The horror!!! Yoke... everywhere... the horrorrrrrr...
Nope. Didn't win. Not even 3rd... Oh well...